New Readers Licensed
18 October 2012
THE BISHOP OF WINCHESTER has conducted the service of Admission and Licensing for nine new Readers.
The Readers were admitted at Winchester Cathedral, following the conclusion of their training and a further four Readers were welcomed as they take up ministry in Winchester having moved from other dioceses.
In addition to family and friends, a good number of fellow Readers joined the congregation to welcome the new Readers and to renew their own promises to serve God and the Church in this important ministry of preaching and teaching.
The congregation applauded the new Readers as they received their admission certificates. In doing this they promised to continue to support them in their work.
The support that family, friends and local congregations give to Readers in training is immense and the service in the cathedral is a fitting celebration of all that they have already given and now hope to receive through the ministry they came to see admitted and licensed.
At the service the following new Readers were admitted and licensed:
- Pat Bougeard (Jersey St Brelade with St Aubin)
- Jonathan de Vile (Ampfield, Chilworth & North Baddesley)
- Carol Gay (Hedge End St Luke)
- Anna Konstantinidou (Bournemouth St John with St Michael)
- Charles Lewis (Baughurst & Ramsdell & Wolverton with Ewhurst & Hannington)
- Terry Noel (Jersey St Lawrence: St Matthew)
- David Owens (Fair Oak)
- Keith Sweetland (East Winchester)
- Timothy Tayler (licensed to the Warden of Readers)
In addition, the following were licensed to the Diocese, having transferred from other Dioceses:
- Peter Eastwood (licensed to the Andover Deanery)
- Ann Edmunds (Yateley)
- Elizabeth Loving (Ringwood)
- John Spens (Winchester St Barnabas)
If you would like to know more about this ministry, the training, or the selection process please look at the Vocations section of this website, or contact email@example.com
(Photo by Active Shot - contact the Communications Team for more info)
Keep up to date with the latest news from around Winchester Diocese, using the links below.
Do you have a story for us? It could not be easier to tell us your news and spread the message across the Diocese. Simply click the button below.
The power of possibility