Link Bishops meet at Wolvesey
2 May 2012
The Bishop of Winchester has hosted a link meeting at Wolvesey for the Diocese of Winchester's link dioceses and provinces, including Burundi, Congo, Myanmar, Rwanda and Uganda.
Bishop Tim described the day as "a great time of fellowship and sharing and an exploration of vision, following a week of local engagement of the diocese with the visiting bioshops and archbishops."
"The occasion gave everyone a renewed sense of partnership, and we are looking forward to future engagement as we develop our own strategy."
"There is great potential for mutual learning, as we share our interests and concerns. Our mutual encouragement about the transforming power of the gospel to transform our communities, the shared priority we give to leadership and ministry training, our diverse perspectives on the Anglican tradition, and the importance we place on the relationship between the Bible and culture in developing our vision, mission and strategies."
The attendees at the Conference were as follows:
- Bishops Tim, Peter and Jonathan
- Archdeacons Michael and Peter
- Dean James Atwell
- The Reverend Andrew Ashdown who Chaired the Conference
- The Reverend Paul Thaxter, CMS Director for Transcultural Mission, who led Theological Reflection
- The Most Reverend Bernard Ntahoturi, Primate of the Anglican Church of Burundi
- The Most Reverend Henri Isingoma, Primate of the Anglican Church of the Congo
- The Most Reverend Stephen Than Myint Oo, Primate of the church of the Provinice of Myanmar
- The Most Reverend Dr. Onesphore Rwaje, Primate of the church of the Province of Rwanda
- The Right Reverend Wilberforce Kityo Luwalira, Bishop of Namirembe Diocese, Uganda (representing the Archbishop of Uganda)
- The Right Reverend Stephen Kaziimba, Bishop of Mityana Diocese, Uganda
- The Right Reverend Nathan Kyamanywa, Bishop of Bunyoro Kitara Diocese, Uganda
- The Right Reverend Patrick Tugume-Tusingwire, Bishop of North Kigezi Diocese, Uganda
- The Right Reverend Cranmer Mugisha, Bishop of Muhabura Diocese, Uganda
- The Reverend Paul Kennedy, Vice Dean of Winchester
- The Revd. Helen Griffiss, Chair of the Overseas Churches Panel
- Mrs. Gill Macdonald, Secretary of the OCP
- All OCP members and Deanery Overseas Link representatives
"A special mention and thanks is due to all those who hosted the partners whilst they were staying in the Diocese," added Bishop Tim. "With thanks also to those who lead the day at Wolvesey: Andrew and Helen - and Gill who worked with Helen on the preparation."
Keep up to date with the latest news from around Winchester Diocese, using the links below.
Do you have a story for us? It could not be easier to tell us your news and spread the message across the Diocese. Simply click the button below.
Bishop of Winchester calls on Government to continue investment in higher education: ‘a public good for the common good’
Bishop's speech in full